Dr. Daniel Navot
World Renowned Reproductive Endocrinologist
A colleague from Harvard Medical School has described Dr. Navot as “the most brilliant and innovative mind in the field of Infertility today.” His wealth of knowledge, experience and unparalleled background in both clinical infertility and research gives his patients a unique opportunity to benefit from his insightful evaluation and masterful treatment. As the founder of the Fertility Institute of New Jersey and New York, his world-renowned expertise has distinguished us as one of the leading centers in the world.
• Dr. Navot revolutionized the field of fertility by pioneering the first pregnancies in women without ovaries and establishing the first egg donation program in the world.
• Dr. Navot was the first in the world to link FSH to female reproductive potential and developed the “Clomiphene Challenge Test”. Both tests became the standard evaluation method for determining a woman’s fertility potential and egg reserve.
• Dr. Navot is a leading expert on ovulation induction, IVF, and implantation.
• Dr. Navot is also the leading expert on ovarian hyperstimulation and its prevention.
A graduate of the Hadassah School at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Dr. Navot is board certified in Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
He left his former position as Director of the IVF Program at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York to establish the Fertility Institute of NJ & NY in 1994. This brought the latest in assisted reproductive technology, including IVF, Cryopreservation, Micromanipulation, and blastocyst transfer, within easy reach of residents in the New Jersey and New York metropolitan area. Since its establishment, the Institute has seen success rates that rival the largest university based fertility programs in the United States and Europe.
As an international expert in the field of Reproductive Endocrinology, Dr. Navot has authored over 100 medical journal articles and contributed chapters to more than 25 of the leading medical textbooks. He is highly regarded by the medical profession and is a frequent guest lecturer worldwide.
Dr. Navot was voted "Top Doctor" by his peers for 10 years in a row (Castle Connolly). Recently, he was distinguished by the IVF World Congress and European Society for Human Reproduction at international symposia held in Paris, Kyoto, Amsterdam, Valencia and Florence, Italy.
Dr. Zalman Levine
Harvard-trained Specialist in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Dr. Levine is a Board-certified Reproductive Endocrinologist and fertility specialist, and brings a deep knowledge of advanced reproductive technologies to the Fertility Institute of NJ & NY. Before joining our team in 2002, he taught reproductive medicine and surgery at Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, and at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York.
His teaching and practical experience have helped Dr. Levine develop a broad proficiency in all aspects of reproductive endocrinology. He offers our patients the most advanced reproductive technologies.
• Dr. Levine has performed clinical and laboratory research in IVF, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and endometriosis, and has been invited to present his results at national conferences.
• Dr. Levine is an expert in recurrent pregnancy loss.ly invasive surgical techniques such as laparoscopy and hysteroscopy.
• Dr. Levine is also an expert in fibroids and minimally invasive surgical techniques such as laparoscopy and hysteroscopy.
• Dr. Levine has published a wide range of articles in journals and textbooks.
• Dr. Levine has participated extensively in the teaching of medical students and residents at Albert Einstein and Harvard.
• Dr. Levine has been recognized with numerous awards for his research, teaching, and surgical skill.
Prior to beginning his medical career, Dr. Levine studied at the Yeshiva University Theological Seminary, and is an ordained rabbi. His rabbinical training prepared him well to care for patients beyond their medical needs. He maintains a strong interest in the interface of assisted reproduction and Jewish law, and lectures widely on these issues. In his practice in Boston and here at the Institute, he strives to facilitate communication among physicians, patients, and their rabbis and clergymen.
Dr. Levine is a member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine and American Fertility Society, a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and a Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He has also served on the Ethics Committee of the Massachusetts Medical Society.
Dr. Inna Berin
Harvard-trained Specialist in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Dr. Inna Berin doesn’t just bring her expertise in reproductive endocrinology and infertility to Fertility Institute of NJ & NY. When you meet this doctor, it is evident that she takes her deepest gratification from providing outstanding medical care and personalized attention to each individual and couple she works with.
After completing Stuyvesant high school, she performed her undergraduate work at New York University, and then obtained her medical degree at Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Following medical school, Dr. Berin completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons - St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, where she was awarded a title of Chief Resident during her final year. She was then selected for a Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility fellowship at the prestigious Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Dr. Berin joined Fertility Institute of NJ & NY from Harvard University, where she was the Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School.
• Dr. Berin has worked alongside the foremost leaders in the fields of reproductive biology and infertility.
• Dr. Berin possesses clinical expertise in all aspects of infertility and reproduction, as well as recurrent pregnancy loss.
• Dr. Berin has trained in the most advanced techniques of minimally invasive reproductive surgery, such as hysteroscopy and laparoscopy.
• Dr. Berin authored numerous scientific abstracts and publications on topics ranging from IVF and ovarian reserve to recurrent pregnancy loss and surgical techniques.
Reviews on Ratemds.com confirm that Dr. Berin is a physician who sincerely cares for her patients. As one reviewer states, "She always has a smile, a piece of advice and an encouraging word when you need it." She has had first-hand experience with some of the issues her patients are dealing with.
Dr. Berin is a member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, and the American Medical Association. She is fluent in English and Russian, as well as conversational in Spanish.
Dr. Anat Weisz
Fertility Laboratory Expert
Much of our success at the Fertility Institute of NJ & NY can be attributed to the skills of Dr. Anat Weisz and her team of embryologists and andrologists. She began working with us in May 2003 as a High Complexity Laboratory Director (HCLD) of our in vitro fertilization (IVF) laboratory. This guarantees the highest proficiency in sperm, egg, and embryo handling.
Dr. Weisz' broad experience and expertise in the management of an IVF laboratory, as well as her talented and highly experienced staff, allow us to offer a full range of fertility services in house, including:
• Sperm preparation and evaluation.
• Handling oocytes from egg retrieval to insemination to embryo transfer and blastocyst culture.
• Sophisticated micromanipulative techniques such as ICSI, assisted zona hatching, defragmentation, and preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD).
In addition to her laboratory skills, Dr. Weisz is valued for her deep caring attitude and scientific leadership for the laboratory staff. Her personal, perceptive attention to detail has led to successful pregnancies for so many of our patients.